- PureVPN extension is a extension on Google Chrome Browser allow users bypass Firewall to access banned site.
- I’m sure that you don’t want see your employees visit to facebook during working hour.
- So this tutorial will help to you block PureVPN extension by Sophos XG Firewall.
- Login to Sophos XG web admin by this link: https://<Please change your owned ip>:4444 and enter Username, Password to login.
- Go to Web -> Polocies -> Click Add Policy to create new Web Policy.
- Enter the parameters like Name Description.click Add Rule to create Rule.
- Click Add Rule to create Rule and enter the parameters sa follow.
- Click Save to Save Rule.
|Users||Anybody||Specify the users and/or groups that will be allowed to use the policy.|
|Activities||Anonymizers||You can also search for the category name from the search box.|
|Select the HTTP and HTTPS action.|
|Schedule||All the time||Select the schedule for the selected categories.|
|Status||On||Toggle the status to On to enable the rule.|
Apply the policy to a firewall rule
- The policy can be applied to a firewall rule so that it is applied to all traffic that matches the firewall rule. To create a firewall rule, go to Firewall, click Add Firewall Rule and click User/Network Rule. Apply the policy created in step 1 and 3, as shown below.
- Hope you will successfully implement through this tutorial.
- Thanks for watching.